In-Home Designers- CA, WA/DC, NJ, NY, MA, IL, TX, WA
Who We AreSince 1987, Smith & Noble has offered consumers and interior designers custom-made blinds, drapery, shades, shutters and coordinating home decor, all of outstanding quality backed by unsurpassed customer service. Most products are designed by our in-house design team, exclusive to Smith & Noble, and all are made-to-order for each customer. Smith & Noble provides the do-it-yourself customer a wide variety of product options and tools to make buying custom window treatments simple. In addition, Smith & Noble offers in-home services for consumers seeking additional assistance with whole home measuring, professional installation and full-service design consulting to help find the right product for their home and lifestyle needs.
Who We're Looking For
Design savvy, enthusiastic individuals who share our passion for gorgeous custom window treatments. Those who desire a home-based, full-time design opportunity with competitive compensation, medical, dental, 401k plus sick and vacation in an environment that promotes a healthy work/life balance.
How you can make the position financially rewarding and personally fulfilling
Provide custom window treatment design solutions utilizing a consultative selling approach to determine function and design needs. From your home based office, travel to clients homes for design consultation. As a trained Smith & Noble professional, your design and product expertise leads clients to informed decisions and creative results they'll love for years to come. If you enjoy people, communicate with professionalism, and respond promptly demonstrating empathy and concern, this position is highly rewarding and there are no limits for those who believe in themselves.
We currently have openings in the following areas:
Downtown San Francisco, CA
San Francisco-East Bay Area,CA
San Jose, CA
East Los Angeles, CA
Miracle Mile Area Los Angeles, CA
Washington DC, VA
New York (Metro), NY
New York (West), NY
Long Island, NY
Other non-listed areas may also be available.
- Create a memorable in-home shopping experience with beautiful design solutions and exceptional customer service leading to repeat and referral business.
- Collaborate regularly with design colleagues and your Regional Sales Manager to stay current on Smith & Noble products, industry design trends and achieve goals.
- Use personal business development best practices and our branded marketing tools to enhance those leads provided by the company with referral and self-generated appointments.
- Use entrepreneurial and self-starter motivation to build your business and client base.
- Confirm orders with all details necessary to assure a "first-time right, perfect fit" and process window treatment orders through our paperless technology systems.
- Maintain key performance metrics in order to meet established sales goals.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent BA/BS preferred; experience may be substituted
- Strong people and sales skills, an eye for style and design, creative problem solving, lead generation.
- Ability to generate referrals and repeat business using proven methods, programs and tools
- Valid Driver's license and insurance coverage
- Sales/window treatment expertise highly desired
- Proven track record of exceeding quotas and business goals
- Having at least $100,000 in provable, annual in-home sales a plus
- Previous experience in a commission-based environment
Benefits and Perks
- Rewarding Career in the desirable Window Treatment design industry
- Meaningful and challenging work helping others create a more beautiful home environment
- Base salary during initial start-up period and extensive, on-going training
- Non-capped, competitive compensation, commission based, with additional bonus structure
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Company paid basic life insurance
- Voluntary plans: Life insurance
- Time off programs
- 401k with employer matching
Full-time opportunity with competitive salary, medical, dental, 401k plus sick and vacation in an environment that promotes a healthy work/life balance.
How to apply
Send your resume with cover sheet to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 951.734.3002
Smith & Noble Home, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other protected class characteristic. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.