- Supervise day-to-day sample room operations and maintain a safe, clean facility. Encourage the development of Sample Room employees.
- Direction and coordination of all sample room activities including sample production, receiving, storage, shipping, returns and control of Smith+Noble stock products. Budgetary, space and operations planning. Schedule sample room personnel to cover our internal & external customer’s needs. Implement documented policies, procedures and programs including reports that track sample room operations and accountability.
Daily Sample Room Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all segments of the shipping, receiving, and sample fabrication function either directly or through subordinates. Responsible for the set-up and organization of the sample room. Responsible for the development and administration of cost effective shipping and vendor relationships. Responsible for administration of the claims process due to shipping loss or damage. Maintains an accurate inventory control system using live data or custom reports available through Fishbowl and ePIC.
- Responsible for administering a safe, attractive environment by directing the care of the facility, Responsible for directing all functions associated with facilities and equipment. Schedules vendor visits for regular, requested or emergency maintenance of the facility. Oversees Company café including administration of food and coffee vendors. Responsible for the security of the facility including alarm administration, key control and physical security.
- Identify employee strengths and weaknesses. Document performance. Coach employees on improving weaknesses and exploiting strengths for personal and departmental advantage and/or growth. Counsel employees on areas and methods of personal and/or professional development and education.
- Actively and positively contribute to the overall success of Smith+Noble through regular participation in interdepartmental meetings, projects and informal activities. Providing support and/or resources throughout the Company wherever and whenever skill-set and experience would benefit Smith+Noble’s overall business plan.
Full-time opportunity with competitive salary, medical, dental, 401k plus sick and vacation in an environment that promotes a healthy work/life balance.
Send resume, brief cover letter describing experience, compensation needs and portfolio examples (or link) to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 951.734.3002
We believe in Equal Opportunity Employment.