Order Picker/Packer (Sample Room Clerk)
Who Are We:
Since 1987, Smith+Noble has offered consumers and interior designers custom-made blinds, drapery, shades, shutters and coordinating home décor, all of outstanding quality backed by unsurpassed customer service. Most products are designed by our in-house design team, exclusive to Smith+Noble, and all are made-to-order for each customer. Smith+Noble provides the do-it-yourself customer a wide variety of product options and tools to make buying custom window treatments simple. In addition, Smith+Noble offers in-home services for consumers seeking additional assistance with whole home measuring, professional installation and full-service design consulting to help find the right product for their home and lifestyle needs.
Who We're Looking For:
An enthusiastic individual who contributes to the overall success of the company through teamwork, flexibility and open communication with managers and peers. This person will be able to express their ideas and solutions for the betterment of the sample room operation and Smith+Noble and can assist in tasks that are not normally assigned. This person will have great organization skills and the willingness to work hard to provide on-time and correct sample order fulfillment to smith+noble customers.
- Fill customer orders of current stock in a timely, accurate manner. Restock picking bins as needed. Process returns.
Maintain an accurate inventory. Maintain a clean, safe work environment in the sample room.
Swatch and Parts Orders:
- Separate the daily picking slips. Pull all swatches and parts from pick area. Package swatches for shipping. Ship all orders using appropriate shipping method. Prepare and ship template kits, catalogs, order forms and parts requests.
- Restock swatch and parts bins daily. Cut and label fabric to make any needed swatches. Integrate new products into picking area as they arrive. Cycle count product as requested to maintain an accurate inventory.
- Receive shipments from delivery carriers and inspect incoming packages for damage and quantities. Photograph any damaged packages for claims process. Keep log of all traceable packages. Delivery of all incoming packages, acquiring signatures for traceable items.Ship products to customers/vendors utilizing current established shipping method.
Sample Room Maintenance:
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in the sample room.
- Make postal pick-ups and deliveries as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; some college preferred
- One year related experience in warehouse/ fulfillment environment
- Knowledge of UPS and FedEx and Postal requirements preferred
- Good organizational skills
- Detailed -oriented.
- Able to regularly lift and move 40 lbs.
- Computer skills required- Outlook, Microsoft
- Ability to adhere to regular work schedule
Benefits and Perks:
- Industry-competitive salary
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Time off programs
- Meaningful and challenging work
Full-time opportunity with competitive salary, medical, dental, 401k plus sick and vacation in an environment that promotes a healthy work/life balance.
Send resume, brief cover letter describing experience, compensation needs and portfolio examples (or link) to: email@example.com or fax 951.734.3002
We believe in Equal Opportunity Employment.