Inside Design Consultant (Design Sales)
Who Are We:
Since 1987, Smith+Noble has offered consumers and interior designers custom-made blinds, drapery, shades, shutters and coordinating home décor, all of outstanding quality backed by unsurpassed customer service. Most products are designed by our in-house design team, exclusive to Smith+Noble, and all are made-to-order for each customer. Smith+Noble provides the do-it-yourself customer a wide variety of product options and tools to make buying custom window treatments simple. In addition, Smith+Noble offers in-home services for consumers seeking additional assistance with whole home measuring, professional installation and full-service design consulting to help find the right product for their home and lifestyle needs.
Who We're Looking For:
Enthusiastic individuals ready to enhance customers' lifestyles by providing "World Class" customer service advice and solutions regarding our products and services; people who will turn a "maybe," or "no," to "YES!" with enthusiasm.
How you can make the position financially rewarding and personally fulfilling? Utilize a consultative selling technique to determine customer needs and tailor recommendations based upon those needs. Answer inbound calls promptly and respond to customer inquiries/requests with professionalism, demonstrating empathy and concern.
- Consistently meet or exceed sales goals
- Contribute to the achievement of the company's financial and strategic objectives
- Qualify customer needs with the most appropriate window treatment decorating solutions.
- Dedicate yourself to a high level of customer service and excellence
- Effectively fulfill the role of an on-phone design consultant for the customer, providing the customer with a design/buying experience that parallels that of in-home design consultative selling.
- Manage and prioritize sales leads, through a series of questions to further qualify and competitively position Smith+Noble unique product offerings.
- Learn key features and benefits of Smith+Noble products and service offerings (including DIY, Measure & Install, and Shop@Home), to determine the appropriate product/service in a particular market.
- Communicate with customers, encouraging them to upgrade/sell benefits and features of existing/new products.
- Meet standards of performance as set forth in the selling standards and training guidelines
- Track and record sales performance on a daily basis, by using company tracking boards/systems.
- Effectively manage time to ensure opportunities are handled efficiently and in a timely manner.
Products, Procedure and Systems Knowledge
- Learn the key features and benefits of Smith+Noble product and service offerings to determine the appropriate product/service for the customer's needs/solutions
- Keep up to date on all product and procedural information.
- Maintain reference materials with current product and systems information.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the company product and marketing campaigns in order to effectively offer and sell new or upgraded products and services.
- Establish personal and empathetic relationships with all customers
- Use active listening and qualifying skills to understand individual customer needs and wants.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- BA/BS preferred; experience may be substituted
- 3+ years in inbound and outbound call center sales
- Home Décor experience a plus
- Proven track record of exceeding quota and business goals
Benefits and Perks:
- Industry-competitive salary
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Time off programs
- Meaningful and challenging work
Full-time opportunity with competitive salary, medical, dental, 401k plus sick and vacation in an environment that promotes a healthy work/life balance.
Send resume, brief cover letter describing experience, compensation needs and portfolio examples (or link) to: email@example.com or fax 951.734.3002
Smith+Noble Home, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other protected class characteristic. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.