Supply Chain Manager
Who Are We:
Since 1987, Smith & Noble has offered consumers and interior designers custom-made blinds, drapery, shades, shutters and coordinating home décor, all of outstanding quality backed by unsurpassed customer service. Most products are designed by our in-house design team, exclusive to Smith & Noble, and all are made-to-order for each customer. Smith & Noble provides the do-it-yourself customer a wide variety of product options and tools to make buying custom window treatments simple. In addition, Smith & Noble offers in-home services for consumers seeking additional assistance with whole home measuring, professional installation and full-service design consulting to help find the right product for their home and lifestyle needs.
Who We're Looking For:
A professional and strategic supply chain manger that proactively and professionally develops the Supply Chain Management systems, processes and procedures to achieve company and departmental mission, goals and objectives. This position will manage factories to provide maximum support and service to both our internal and external customers and will help ensure smooth, efficient and positive vendor operations.
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT:
- In coordination with vendors, Sales, Customer Care and Merchandising, develop, implement and manage vendor quality and shipping performance. Provide support and problem resolution to chronic vendor issues. Build solid and professional factory relationships that result in a partnership that provides outstanding product quality and service to our customers.
VENDOR START UP:
- Visit potential suppliers to evaluate their overall capability to become a Smith & Noble contract manufacturing factory. Conduct certification assessments to ensure that potential new suppliers meet Smith & Noble's quality and service standards.
NEW PRODUCT IMPLEMENTATION:
- Develop and implement procedures that ensure smooth implementation of new products, including prototype samples and rigorous new product testing against Smith & Noble design specifications prior to full-scale production.
- Develop programs, policies and procedures that ensure factory adherence to Smith & Noble's quality and service standards. Audit, mystery shop, visit and report factory compliance. As necessary, develop improvement plans and manage implementation of same
PLANNING / PROJECT MANAGEMENT:
- Plan and obtain approval for annual budgets for all supply chain initiatives. Establish and document systems, policies, and procedures, including budgets and reports that ensure efficient, effective departmental operations. Schedule, budget and manage projects (e.g. vendor visits, vendor summit, mystery shop, etc.) to ensure accurate, timely completion and successful and brand consistent deliverables. Participate in the 2nd Time Right project and modify vendor reporting/scorecards to reflect the results.
- In coordination with vendors and IS implement vendor performance reports to include: compliance with agreements, quality, delivery time, rush shipment compliance, product availability, etc. Analyze data and make appropriate recommendations for performance improvements. All action items will be tracked and included in the quarterly vendor scorecard reports. Manage the In Time for the Holidays or Free event from a supply chain management perspective by scheduling and supplying the vendors with updates to qualified open orders.
- Actively and positively contribute to the overall success of Smith & Noble through regular contributions to the general management of the company supporting professional management practices and capabilities (e.g. representing Smith & Noble at the WCMA Technical Committee and WCSC meetings). Establish and document systems, policies, and procedures including budgets, plans and reports that ensure efficient, effective departmental operations. Participate and provide leadership in inter-departmental meetings, projects and informal activities. Support the company and other departments wherever and whenever the application of skills and experience would be beneficial.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering (highly preferred)
- Five years supply chain management experience in the custom window covering industry or equivalent management discipline
- Proven background in supply chain management
- Demonstrated management of workflow systems, including manufacturing
- Previously responsible for planning, budgeting, reporting and explaining throughput variances
Please do not apply unless you meet all requirements.
Benefits and Perks:
- Industry-competitive salary
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Time off programs
- Meaningful and challenging work
Send resume, brief cover letter describing experience, compensation needs and portfolio examples (or link) to: email@example.com or fax 951.734.3002
Smith & Noble Home, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other protected class characteristic. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.