Accounting Clerk - General
Who Are We:
Since 1987, Smith+Noble has offered consumers and interior designers custom-made blinds, drapery, shades, shutters and coordinating home décor, all of outstanding quality backed by unsurpassed customer service. Most products are designed by our in-house design team, exclusive to Smith+Noble, and all are made-to-order for each customer. Smith+Noble provides the do-it-yourself customer a wide variety of product options and tools to make buying custom window treatments simple. In addition, Smith+Noble offers in-home services for consumers seeking additional assistance with whole home measuring, professional installation and full-service design consulting to help find the right product for their home and lifestyle needs.
Who We're Looking For:
Smith & Noble Home Inc. is looking for an Accounting Clerk to assist with the development and maintenance of the Finance departments daily activities. This position will help the department to document the procedures and processes and to take initiative to help streamline practices to help make the department run smoother and more efficiently. This position will also support the department by monitoring and assisting with balancing of general ledger accounts.
Billing of the Home Services invoices:
- Pulling Home Services daily billing information from email which consist of an 810 file and Outstanding invoices. The 810 file has to be checked against contractual pricing agreements and billed through vendor net. Once billed through vendor net it has to then be entered into PIC for payment. The invoices from the Independent Contracts is also pulled from an email and compared to the billing in the 810 file. Any changes or price discrepancies must also be changed on the invoice associated with it by comparing of vendor identity or work order number.
- Receiving daily invoices from the mail and matching them with a purchase order and receiving report. If a purchase order or receiving report is not available then acquiring the proper signature of approval. After proper documentation has been gathered and attached to invoices a batch must be created and enter each invoice into PIC for payment. Ensure the correct due date has been attached to invoices and the correct vendor number assigned. Verify statements against AP records to ensure all credits and invoices are received and entered.
Payment Processing and Filing:
- To assist on a weekly basis in the AP check run by being capable of processing a check run through PIC, print the checks and attached the proper documentation for presentation to the Accounting Manager for signing. Upon checks being returned to AP assist in pulling the checks and document that goes as support with the check stuff them in an envelope and present for mailing before the mail cut deadline.
- Support the Company and other departments wherever and whenever your skills and experience would be beneficial.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or accounting preferred
- 3+ yrs of Accounting Experience
- 1-2 years of order processing or accounting related experience and/or training equivalent
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, & divide in all units of measure: whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ration, & percent
- Ability to write routine reports, correspondence and prepare spreadsheets using Word, Excel and Outlook
- Detail-oriented, able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms
- Type minimum 35 WPM
- Team-oriented ability to work in group atmosphere and contribute positively
- Ability to adhere to regular work schedule
Benefits and Perks:
- Industry-competitive salary
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Time off programs
- Meaningful and challenging work
Full-time opportunity with competitive salary, medical, dental, 401k plus sick and vacation in an environment that promotes a healthy work/life balance.
Send resume, brief cover letter describing experience, compensation needs and portfolio examples (or link) to: email@example.com or fax 951.734.3002
Smith+Noble Home, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other protected class characteristic. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.