A natural choice for warmth, versatile light control, and noise reduction. And they look equally beautiful inside your home and from the street. Furniture-quality craftsmanship in more than 30 finishes - many exclusive to Smith & Noble.
Key Features of Wood Blinds
- Our Wood Blinds far exceed those of our competitors. They're crafted with a custom-fit wood valance, which is stained to match the slats.
- Lightweight woods like American Basswood and African Abachi are chosen for their grain detail and their ability to provide superior noise reduction, light control, insulation and privacy.
- Cord tassels and wands are made from wood, not plastic, and are stained to perfectly match the blinds.
- The bottom rail is designed to fit tightly to the sill for a more finished look, and to ensure the best possible light blocking, we use more slats.
- Give your space a cleaner look with Cordless Wood Blinds. They raise and lower with a simple pull or push on the center, and the slats open with a tilt wand.
Room Applications for Wood Blinds
Bedrooms or Family Rooms
With their classic style, privacy and light control, Wood Blinds are a popular choice for bedrooms as well as gathering spaces. Their clean lines and easy functionality bring a calming warmth to the room. Choose from one of our fine finishes to get the look that suits your particular space.
Game Rooms or Living Rooms
Whether it's a formal living room or a casual game room, our Wood Blinds provide smart and stylish window coverage. Choose from a range of slat sizes to perfectly complement the size of your windows. Hand finished in your choice of paint or stain color, Wood Blinds add a classic architectural element to your home.
Things to Consider
- 1 3/8 inch size is perfect for small windows and French doors.
- 2 inch slat size fits most windows and provides more view when the slats are open.
- 2 ¾ inch slat for your largest windows and to see more of your view when the blinds are open.
- Cordless window treatments are the safest option for homes with young children or pets. You will need to be able to reach the top of the window to raise the blind fully.
- Vintage finishes enhances the unique characteristics of the wood beneath for a warm, rustic look.
- Tuscan finishes highlight the refined grain of the wood.
- Heritage finishes feature a rich ombre look seen in high-end furniture and cabinetry.
- Urban finishes brings a warm, textured look to windows.
Wood Blind Design Tips
All blinds have light leakage around closed slats and route holes. Choose our Routeless Option, use Ladder Tape or layer with Drapery to maximize light control.
Ladder tape gives blinds tailored style and helps block light entering through route holes. Our Linen collection is designed to coordinate with our fabric drapes to make layering easy. Our Shimmer collection adds a subtle metallic sheen (available on 2 inch slats). The classic twill collection features a large variety of color options.
Add architectural drama to blinds with one of three upgraded valances.
Two Blinds, One Valance
For windows over 72 inches wide, we recommend ordering two blinds with one valance. Each can be operated separately to optimize privacy and light control, and for general ease of use. Precise measuring will help minimize the light gap between blinds.