Natural Woven Shades
Reeds, bamboo and grasses bring the outdoors into your indoors. Rich in texture, warm in appearance, our custom Natural Woven Shades filter light softly, subtly and naturally. Woven by skilled artisans on hand-fed looms, each material is a work of art.
Why Choose Natural Woven Shades?
- Beloved by designers the world over, Natural Woven Shades have the perfect blend of versatility and texture, making them equally at home in modern or traditional spaces
- Natural Woven Shades are crafted from sustainable bamboo and grasses woven by skilled artisans, and feature thoughtful design details incorporated into every step of their making
- From color-coordinated thread and hand-sewn rings to richly stained headrails and soft fabric liners, they bring lasting style to a range of spaces
- Waterfall Natural Woven shade gives windows a modern look. Designed for the material to fall from the front of the shade, concealing the operating mechanism and creating soft, relaxed windows. The lift cords are behind the shades material for a clean, uncluttered look
- The Flat Fold Natural Woven shade material falls from the back of the shade and a six inch coordinating valance conceals the operating mechanism. Cords hang in front of the shade for easy accessibility
- Our Tailored Shade is designed so the ribs run horizontally across the front of the shade, providing structure and a tailored look to lightweight materials
- Our NEW Natural Woven Waterfall Valance adds a touch of nature to the top of your window. Handcrafted natural materials fall in simple folds for a clean, casual look. Available in two heights, 12" with two folds, or 18" with three folds. This valance style can be mounted inside the window for an even cleaner appearance, and the materials can be lined for privacy or to block light
Room Applications for Natural Woven Shades
Low Moisture Areas
Whether it's the living room, dining room, office or bedroom, your space will be elevated by the neutral hues and rich textures of Natural Woven Shades. Woven from an array of woods, grasses, rattan and reeds, they are a stylish option for rooms with low moisture.
Neutral hues and classic styling allow woven shades to complement a variety of rooms and decor. Whether your home is rustic, casual, traditional, modern or eclectic, Natural Woven Shades offer an understated layer for the windows.
Things to Consider
- Choose from our array of hand-selected and hand-woven materials, including renewable and environmentally responsible reeds, jute, bamboo, rattan, grasses and woods
- Minor imperfections and variations in color are to be expected; they add to your shades' style and are part of the natural process
- Because most Natural Woven Shades are not completely private, especially at night, we recommend adding privacy lining
- Lining also helps protect and extend the life of your shade. If full darkness is needed, consider blackout lining, which also reduces heat transmission and results in cooler rooms
- Motorization Raise and lower shades with the touch of a button - Motivia is the most affordable and user-friendly motorization available. Shades without lift cords are the safest option for homes with children and pets, and Motivia motorization is simple and easy to install and use. Two easy options: Motivia Wand A battery-powered wand is attached directly to the shade, and simply press a button to operate. Motivia Remote Raise and lower an entire room of window treatments with a single remote. Individual shades are outfitted with battery-powered motors.
Natural Woven Design Tips
For beautiful diffused light, try Natural Woven Shades in one of our sheer patterns. Our Classic Sheer Weave collection has a fabric-like feel and a softening effect on windows. Layer with panels for privacy at night and light during the day.
Decorative Edge Binding
Add a personalized touch to shades with decorative edge binding. Choose from a variety of widths and styles, including fabrics that coordinate with our top treatments and panels. Binding protects the edges of your shades, which is why we recommend it for inside mounts.
Top Down Bottom Up
Designed to give you more light control, our top down/bottom up shades lower from the top and raise from the bottom. They let you choose exactly where you want your shade, blocking light as needed while still offering a view.