Tailored pleats never go out of style, which is why designers return again and again to our Classic Pleated Shades. Their crisp, accordion-style folds add movement and structure to windows. Handcrafted in the USA.
Why Choose Pleated Shades?
- Tailored pleats never go out of style, which is why designers return again and again to our Classic Pleated Shades
- Their crisp, accordion-style folds add movement and structure to windows for an overall aesthetic that's both classic and versatile
- Pleated Shades are a popular choice for rooms as varied as bedrooms, offices, kitchens and entryways, our Pleated Shades are handcrafted in the USA and available with an assortment of design options and upgrades
- Choose from an array of fine fabrics, light filtration options and lift systems for a shade that's perfectly tailored to your space
Room Applications for Pleated Shades
Add a crisp and tailored element to the kitchen with Pleated Shades. In a room that undergoes dramatic change throughout the day - from clean to messy to clean again - these stylish shades offer strong lines and consistent structure.
Stylish and hardworking, our Pleated Shades are a smart choice for offices. Choose from a variety of neutral hues so you can better focus on the task at hand. Multiple light filtration options make it easy to create the perfect shade for your workspace.
Key Features of Pleated Shades
- Layer your windows with the look of fine linens or textured woven woods. Our Classic Pleated collection features an array of attractive fabrics to choose from in both 1" and 1 7/8" pleats. Materials range from sheer to light-filtering, and optional liners offer added darkening.
- Pleated Shades are now available with Motorization Raise and lower shades with the touch of a button - Motivia is the most affordable and user-friendly motorization available. Shades without lift cords are the safest option for homes with children and pets, and Motivia motorization is simple and easy to install and use.
- Easy Lift Cordless Shades will raise, lower, and position shades with a press of the button.
- Our Top Down/Bottom Up option lets you enjoy light and view, as well as privacy. Shades lower from the top and raise from the bottom, allowing you to easily control the light you let in and how much you can see in or out.
Pleated Shade Design Tips
Perfect for Layering
Pleated Shades complement a variety of interior styles and layer well with valances, cornices and drapery. Choose a neutral color and the fabric of your over-treatment will take center stage. Alternatively, combine a colorful pleated shade with a more neutral over-treatment, and your window will be more dramatic.
Because shades over 72" wide have seams, we recommend opting for two shades on a single headrail. Each shade can be operated separately to optimize your privacy and light control. There will be a light gap between the shades, so it's important to measure so your shades line up with a mullion. You'll also need a place to mount the cord cleat, which is something we're happy to help you with.
Choosing a Pleat Size
For wide or tall windows, choose our 1 7/8" Classic Pleated Shade. For smaller windows and doors, we recommend the 1" Classic Pleated Shade.