In-Home Design Jobs
Designers Needed For Window Treatment Makeovers with Smith & Noble
Have you always dreamed of a career in design?
Are you an experienced sales person with a desire to learn?
Are you an entrepreneur in the Window Treatment industry BUT tired of doing all the work yourself?
We’re looking for designers who love gorgeous window treatments and have a passion for helping clients transform their homes. Your entrepreneurial spirit and drive, partnered with our lead-generating expertise and curated portfolio of high style, premium custom window treatment products can create a career opportunity designed for success.
For more information, contact the Smith & Noble Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why work for Smith & Noble?
- Experienced Marketing Department that generates leads for you
- Competitive compensation including 401k and healthcare benefits
- You don’t need to do everything on your own
- Technical support
- Continuous training opportunities
The things I value most about working as an In-Home Designer for Smith & Noble are:
- Freedom with which I am able to create my day in the way that works best for me.
- Having the support of a very large group of talented and accomplished people, has to be the most important thing on my list.
- Quality of the product is something I feel very secure selling.
- Interacting with new and interesting people every day, from various backgrounds across the board.
- The potential to have an affect over my income, with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Having an opportunity to travel on a daily adventure through exciting neighborhoods, homes, projects, people, and gaining inspiration from them.
- The opportunity to work so closely with a client to make her dream a reality!
- I get to create beautiful window treatments and make her home come alive!
- I get to use my own personal design experiences to work closely with a client and make a real difference in her overall look and style!
- Supported with current and relevant technology.
- Provided with quality sampling.
- Creative commitment to consumer trends.
- Post order support.”
- Not working in an office! 🙂
- Every day is a new project.
- Our full line of products includes blinds, shades, shutters, drapery, top treatments and hardware… we have it all.
- My feelings go along with the company philosophy. We are a total arm extension of each other. The customer is most important and we do everything we can to make them happy!
- We are leading the industry with our guarantees.
- We are state-of-the-art and ever changing and improving systems.
Who We’re Looking For
Design savvy, enthusiastic individuals who share our passion for gorgeous custom window treatments. Those who desire a home-based, full-time design opportunity with competitive compensation, medical, dental, 401k plus sick and vacation in an environment that promotes a healthy work/life balance.
How you can make the position financially rewarding and personally fulfilling
Provide custom window treatment design solutions utilizing a consultative selling approach to determine function and design needs. From your home based office, travel to clients homes for design consultation. As a trained Smith & Noble professional, your design and product expertise leads clients to informed decisions and creative results they’ll love for years to come. If you enjoy people, communicate with professionalism, and respond promptly demonstrating empathy and concern, this position is highly rewarding and there are no limits for those who believe in themselves.
We currently have openings in the following areas:
SAN RAFAEL, CA
CORTE MADERA, CA
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
EAST BAY, CA
LOS ANGELES, CA /COLORADO
LONG BEACH, CA
WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA
SIMI VALLEY, CA
SANTA BARBARA ,CA
SANTA CLARITA, CA
WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA
GRANADA HILLS, CA
CANOGA PARK, CA
SO CAL, AZ
ORANGE COUNTY, CA
LONG ISLAND, NY
CHERRY HILL, NJ
Other non-listed areas may also be available.
- Create a memorable in-home shopping experience with beautiful design solutions and exceptional customer service leading to repeat and referral business.
- Collaborate regularly with design colleagues and your Regional Sales Manager to stay current on Smith & Noble products, industry design trends and achieve goals.
- Use personal business development best practices and our branded marketing tools to enhance those leads provided by the company with referral and self-generated appointments.
- Use entrepreneurial and self-starter motivation to build your business and client base.
- Confirm orders with all details necessary to assure a “first-time right, perfect fit” and process window treatment orders through our paperless technology systems.
- Maintain key performance metrics in order to meet established sales goals.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent BA/BS preferred; experience may be substituted
- Strong people and sales skills, an eye for style and design, creative problem solving, lead generation.
- Ability to generate referrals and repeat business using proven methods, programs and tools
- Valid Driver’s license and insurance coverage
- Sales/window treatment expertise highly desired
- Proven track record of exceeding quotas and business goals
- Having at least $100,000 in provable, annual in-home sales a plus
- Previous experience in a commission-based environment
Full-time opportunity with competitive salary, medical, dental, 401k plus sick and vacation in an environment that promotes a healthy work/life balance.
Smith & Noble Home, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other protected class characteristic. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.